Wusthof Classic Ikon 7-inch Santoku Knife
Regular price $ 200.00
Unit price per
The Wusthof Classic Ikon 7" Santoku knife is likely one you've seen in the hands of Japanese chefs on the Food Network. It has elements of both the chef's knife and the nakiri knife, with a pointed end for easy placement on the cutting board, and the narrower edge angle typical of Asian-style knives. The Santoku handles thin slices of vegetable, meat, and seafood cuts and can be used "chef's knife style" on the cutting board, chopping down in a rockered motion. The hollow edge reduces sticking in starchy vegetables and cold meat. This is an excellent choice for those who don't quite like the feel of the larger chef's knife for their workhorse slice-and-dice kitchen knife. The Ikon curves and rear bolster provide extra comfort and a firm grip.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58⁰ Rockwell
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Lifetime Guaranty against defects in craftsmanship and materials
- Made in Solingen, Germany, "The City of Blades."