Wusthof Classic 7-inch Nakiri Knife with Hollow Edge
Regular price $ 170.00
Unit price per
The 7" Wusthof Classic Nakiri knife is a real beauty, lightweight and sharp. You may have seen a Nakiri at your favorite sushi restaurant or even on cooking shows such as...the Pioneer Woman? That's right, she's a fan and she uses it. We started getting customers who simply asked us for the "Pioneer Woman Knife," and we had to figure out what they were talking about right away. So what exactly is it used for?
The Nakiri has a near rectangular shape, not rockered for cutting boards. It is primarily for cutting vegetables very precisely and very thin. Instead of the usual rocking motion you use with a chef's knife, use push cuts, cutting straight down. The Nakiri's edge has a narrower angle, making it very sharp and precise. If you've been frustrated trying to get those razor-thin vegetable cuts like the sushi chefs achieve, it might be that you just didn't have the right knife. For the elegant, papery-thin vegetables in your salads and rice bowls, the Nakiri will get the job done.
Another nice but unheralded feature of the Nakiri is the extra real estate that squared end provides for scooping up vegetables. No bench scraper handy? No problem, just use the knife, but be gentle. This one is sharp.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58⁰ Rockwell
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with our red Trident logo
- Full bolster and finger guard