It's Mother's Day this weekend! Most of us will be celebrating our mothers at home this Sunday, but that doesn't mean we can't give her something special. A few quick ideas and reminders on some specials that end Sunday follow, as well as a delicious special recipe for treating mom to breakfast in bed.
MAY & MOTHER'S DAY SPECIALS:
Baggallini - Mother's Day Sale, all bags 30-40% OFF, ends on Sunday
Le Creuset - 20% OFF through Sunday
WellnessMats - 20% OFF through Sunday
Wusthof - All regularly priced Classic 20% OFF through May 31
These special sales represent four of our premier brands, making this an excellent week to treat your mother to a quality cooking knife, French oven, comfort mat, or travel bag. But whether you go this route or not, mothers always appreciate the special attention given to cooking her a meal, and especially serving breakfast in bed.
One of our favorite infused oils from Olivelle is Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This past year we've enjoyed it in salad dressings, cakes, and even Rice Krispie bars. Here's a recipe from Olivelle that uses Blood Orange oil to elevate a breakfast classic and put a smile on mom's face!
BLOOD ORANGE FRENCH TOAST
- In a wide, shallow dish, whisk together the half-and-half, 1 Tbsp Blood Orange Olive Oil, eggs, Maple Sugar Shaker and salt.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the remaining Blood Orange Olive Oil.
- Dip each bread slice into the egg mixture, allowing to soak for 15 seconds per side.
- In batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, place each slice of soaked bread into the hot pan, cooking until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Keep warm in the oven or tented with foil while you finish cooking the others.
- Arrange on a pan, dust with powdered sugar, a sprinkle of Sugar & Spice Dipper, and serve with fruit. For a super gourmet touch, try a drizzle of Harvest Fig Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegar!
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, and as a reminder, we will be closed on Sunday but if you wish to take advantage of the specials expiring that day just grab them here on the site. Thanks!