The Classic Ikon 8" Cook's Knife is the work horse of the kitchen, the essential tool also known as the chef's knife. Indispensable to professionals and amateurs alike, the cook’s knife is used for chopping, mincing, slicing, and dicing, the rockered shape perfectly suited to the cutting board. The weight and balance of the knife are designed for heavy duty kitchen tasks like cutting thicker and tougher vegetables and meats. The strong forged steel sharpens with ease.
Classic Ikon knives feature a distinctive, double bolster design for professional-style heft, exceptional balance and beauty. The handle is made of a highly durable Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The elegant shape of the handle is designed for a comfortable grip.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58⁰ Rockwell
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance